Getting things started with my favorite EQ chart

Charts like that can be very useful...providing you only use it as a starting point and use your ears to get the sound you want.

That's the stage I'm currently in. Starting off using tips on which frequency ranges to adjust, then hopefully my ears will be trained to be able to intuitively react based on what I hear

you nicked the image but didn't post a link ?

ya big naughty !

edit:- just click the bloody thing ! :laughings:

Haha I'm glad you figured it out. Originally I wrote "click on the picture" but for whatever reason the post didn't work, so when I reposted it, I forgot to mention that the photo was linked.

In any case, I'll update the post, thanks

EQ Chart.jpgFrequency Cut Chart.jpg

These are decent reference points if you're not quite experienced with your frequencies yet. They point out some of the more common frequency buildup spots. Of course, these are all ballpark guesstimations but it'll point you in the right direction.

Your AI guide should be in here.

:) Thanks, it's in need of an upgrade. Have to work out all the new kit that came out and get some better comparison specs...especially price point. Hopefully, I'll get round to that in the next month...got some new songs burning up my free time. :D

I'm humbled. Thanks guys.
Now, while we're nominating good stuff from HR, how about Gregs noob guide to drums????

I'm humbled. Thanks guys.
Now, while we're nominating good stuff from HR, how about Gregs noob guide to drums????

Good idea. I'll add it to the list, but the new forum isn't just for compiling good, old resources, but filling it up as we read up and find more interesting stuff!

But for the great resources over the years that have already made their way throughout HR, you can either comment here with the thread URL or PM it to me and I'll get it moved

Back