Artificial Vocalist - Alternative Approach.

How human is the singing?

• Completely machine-like

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fairly machine-like

• Fairly Human

• Very Human

• Total voters

Sonic_Tech_Supp

Hi.I have posted a song that uses a synthetic vocalist. - The vocals were made initially using a very human sounding text-to-speech application and then editing pitches and timing in Melodyne.

I think it sounds a lot more human than say, Vocaloid. - A bit more tweaking and I reckon it would sound completely real. The track has not been mixed properly yet, so the EQ etc (especially on the vocal) is up the pole. The guitar playing by myself and a mate is also a bit suspect! I'm curious to see if you are convinced by the vocal's un-machineness!

If you have a minute, please have a listen. The song is called 'Alice (Sisters Of Mercy Cover)' and is by Sonic Tech Support. Thanks.

https://soundcloud.com/search/sounds?q=sonic tech support

Your artificial vocalist is buried in the mix. Who could tell anything about the quality from this?

Hi there,
I have to agree - the vocal really is buried too much to make much of a comment on it.
Maybe post an update with clearer vox?

I'd like to hear the vocals louder. From what I can here it sounds like a fairly natural, distorted nine inch nails type sound. Although have you buried them a bit to cover up their fakeness?

I'd like to hear the vocals louder. From what I can here it sounds like a fairly natural, distorted nine inch nails type sound. Although have you buried them a bit to cover up their fakeness?

That's what I suspect.

Can barely hear the vocals. Turn them up and I'll have another listen because it is an interesting idea and for this industrial style it might just sound good. Cool sound overall.

Back