Hi everyone. I've been reading this forum a lot over the past few weeks since I purchased my first home and now have space to set up my acoustic drums once again. The neighbors don't mind me rocking out, but I would still like to minimize the nuisance.
- basement of 3-story split-level
- 16.5' x 13', 7.5' ceiling
- one 16.5' wall is paneling on poured foundation with heating baseboard and 32" x 17" single-pane window
- one 13' wall is paneling on studs on poured foundation (?? not a clue why) with heating baseboard
- stairs down from lower-level family room, hollow door at the top
- hollow door into laundry/utility room
- vinyl floor
- closet and some storage room on 13' wall where stairs are
What I want to be able to do:
- record drums
- play live (drums, guitar, bass)
- don't need a control room, mixing will be done on a networked computer in my office
- relatively small room with a low ceiling
- baseboard heating and dimensions precludes room-in-a-room (?)
Any suggestions or comments are welcome. Thanks!