Yamaha DM1000 & Focusrite 8prex installation problems

Tempa

Good evening good people,
I registered here in order to gain more knowledge.

We are setting up a studio, with the Yamaha DM1000v2 mixer, and clarett focusrite 8prex soundcard (amongst other things).
Everything works except these two items.

What is being used is win7 (no option of apple)

Problem one being the clarett focusrite 8prex is not working with win7,
Problem two being the DM1000v2 didnt come with an install CD, and the download page on yamaha pro audio does not work ........

Has anyone plugged these two up to a PC and got them to work?
Any tips? We are running out of human brainpower..

Many many thanks to anyone who is able to give us advise.

Quick Google shows the 8prex is a Thunderbolt device. Are you sure that PC has a valid chipset and driver? A Win7 PC would generally not have had that and from more searching MSFT said they’d only support Thunderbolt in Windows 10. I could be looking at old info of course but my impression was that was Apple only until recently.

Quick Google shows the 8prex is a Thunderbolt device. Are you sure that PC has a valid chipset and driver? A Win7 PC would generally not have had that and from more searching MSFT said they’d only support Thunderbolt in Windows 10. I could be looking at old info of course but my impression was that was Apple only until recently.

+1 and my reading is that even the few TB equipped Windows MOBOs are properly optimized and as ever, not at all for audio?

Then there is the TB2-TB3 SNAFU.

Two choices that I see. Buy a mac or buy RME USB 3.0 Both are going to dent the piggy bank.

Dave.

Back