Would an unplugged bass cab act like a low absorber?

:>) It's pertaining to one fairly .. well tackie situation I have here- one of my mains (monitors) is setting on an unused D-140 cab :rolleyes:

:>) It's pertaining to one fairly .. well tackie situation I have here- one of my mains (monitors) is setting on an unused D-140 cab :rolleyes:

In that respect, you'd think any substantial difference in symmetry would have a measurable effect, no different to having a window or bookshelf to one side only.
Nothing more than a guess, all the same.

Don't bother playing back mono and turning backwards to see if it sounds different. You'll just learn that your ears are different!! :eek:

If I'm getting this right, you would mean that the cabinet instead of emitting bass frequencies would be sucking them up in it's unpowered state?

In the room it's gonna do something, but I think all kind of testing gear would be needed to find out exactly what effect it would have.

For me a couple of marshalls and 4×12 cabs always make the room sound better. :D
Probably just a vibe thing.

No it wouldnt. It's a wooden box with a circular piece of hard paper. Essentially it's a rectangular hard surface. It wont absorb much of anything.

No it wouldnt. It's a wooden box with a circular piece of hard paper. Essentially it's a rectangular hard surface. It wont absorb much of anything.
Yeah? Not that it matters, mostly just ongoing curiosity. :) I was thinking they might vibrate, perhaps like a tuned diaphragm absorber.
Thanks Farview

Back