Is it worth having a vocal booth in this design?

max67

Hello all,

I have a preliminary studio design which I'm not sure whether its worth having a vocal booth or using acoustical wall panels/partitions of some sort.

I mainly use the studio for composing music for short films, and I mainly use samples. I may use the odd live vocals and a cello etc. But an engineer had said to me that "you'd be surprised at the amount of times you would need the vocal booth".

Can someone out there provide some advice as to whether or not I should have a vocal booth or just use partitions?

I have attached a copy of the design for any feedback.

Measurements are in Metric mm.

Kind Regards,
Max.

Attachments

• StudioDesign2.jpg
    StudioDesign2.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
In a room that size, no way would I carve out a booth. I'd use the whole space and just use panels on stands when you need to dry things up a bit by putting them around the vocalist.

I'd also seriously consdier getting the mixing desk out of the corner and more centered in the room.

Bryan

I'd also seriously consdier getting the mixing desk out of the corner and more centered in the room.

Bryan

Also, having the vocalist in the control room with you could be a reasonable compromise if you're tracking a live band... but the desk in the corner isn't the best.

Back