Where should i put my mixing station in my room?

Frayfray

Where should i put my mixing workstation in my room? i made this drawing of my room so you get an idea and some info and where i would like to put it. This is my first studio set up so i'm wondering if what i have in mind is okay. at the moment i'm focusing more on the placement of the desk and my listening position. i've read that your ears should be 38-37% of the way into the room and position the monitors on the other two corners of whatever size equilateral triangle you pick. my room doesn't have a regular rectangular shape as you can see in the picture. Where/How should i position my workstation??

Attachments

• RoomPlans_0(1).jpg
    RoomPlans_0(1).jpg
    978.7 KB · Views: 20
Looks like your bed is under 2' wide?

Centered on the south wall is where your desk should go if I understand the drawing correctly.

Looks like your bed is under 2' wide?

Centered on the south wall is where your desk should go if I understand the drawing correctly.

Lol the bed actually comes down from the wall by pulling it so this drawing shows the bed up right against the wall, but I can put the bed on the north side and move the desk to the south side of the room in front of the window.

If the room is 12' long, you want your head to be 4.5' from the "south" (bottom of the picture) wall.

With a crap-ton of broadband trapping in all the corners, of course. :D

Most of of us with small rooms (like yours) don't have the option of putting the desk 1/3 of the way into the room (and being less than 8 feet from the back wall wont' work anyway. I think that kind of position suggestion is really only good for much larger rooms.
Put the desk in the center of the bottom 10' wall, if it doesn't interfere with puling the bed down. If it does interfere you're stuck. Monitors int eh corners (where you have them in yoru drawing sucks, it screws up the bass - it's also not symmetrical to your room.

Back