Where To Place Desk And Monitors

pb69

I can only use the living room in my new apartment. I need advice where to place my desk and monitors. The 3D rendering is of the apartment.
scan0001.jpg

Dude! You don't even have room in that living room to put a desk! Wherever you end up putting it, consider using headphones. Not a great choice for mixing, but your mixes are going to suffer from non-symmetry and lack of acoustic treatment with monitor speakers.

Dude! You don't even have room in that living room to put a desk! Wherever you end up putting it, consider using headphones. Not a great choice for mixing, but your mixes are going to suffer from non-symmetry and lack of acoustic treatment with monitor speakers.

I should have put up a disclaimer. Those aren't where my furnishings are located. I haven't moved in yet.

No way you can use one of the bedrooms? Anything in the living room is going to be a compromise, at best.

No way you can use one of the bedrooms? Anything in the living room is going to be a compromise, at best.

Exactly. Using that left bedroom, I'd turn bed 180° - putting headboard on opposite (right) wall, place desk w/ monitors at left wall - where headboard is in existing picture.

My wife and I had a discussion about where to place things last night. She said it will be easier for me to set up in the master bedroom. (The one on the right) She wants to use the living room for writing and dancing. The master is 12 x 15 ft with 9 ft ceiling.

She wants to use the living room for writing and dancing.

Between your audio and her writing/dancing needs...man, you guys would be better off finding one of those industrial lofts and just have plenty of wide open space to do with how you like.

Back