What does this room frequency analysis tell you?

If you have two smaller rooms...take out the wall between them and make one bigger one, then treat it.
That's certainly the best option, IMO.

I'm not sure what kind of expectations people have with smaller spaces...I mean, there's no amount of treatment that will turn a typical home 10-12' room into a professional mixing suite...but you can certainly treat it and still get professional results.

Those are two different things...expecting to have a professional quality space, and getting professional results.
The former will certainly help, but you can get the latter without it.
There's some pretty unconventional studio spaces in the pro world...and if those guys came here, they would probably be told that their spaces sucked, and just forget about it....use headphones. :D

I was trapped in a 10x12-ish space for a few months while my current space was under construction. Longest few months of my life. That said -- I knew I'd need at least a dozen 2x4x4" traps in the new space, so I ordered them up right away once I was in the small space. Four corners, floor-to-ceiling and four high-side corners.

It was *still* absolute hell. But it was a much better hell than before. The peaks and nulls were still there, but they were "more manageable" -- To the point where I could at least semi-trust my monitoring chain.

Its possible with that small of the room. Its just takes so much time because of remeasuring, over and over again. So that computer model is only good to find the first things to address.

Back