What connector do I miss here?

But aren't SM57 clips 5/8" typically? The Oktava is bigger than that?

Hmm. Never mind! I didn't see the images link. Maybe borrow the adapter out of the SM57 clip if it's not being used right now?

But aren't SM57 clips 5/8" typically?

Good call! ;)

Yeah, I don't think I've seen any/many adapters with the smaller female.
More often than not there's an adapter stuck in there, Yoni.

If you see two slots inside the 57 clip, like on the adapter gecko pictured, then that IS an adapter and you can remove it with a large flat screwdriver.

And..... whichever way you put them in, they come apart with the NON slotted end protruding. Why they don't slot both ends I'll never know.

Don't forget that there are also a few that have different threads each side of the adaptor, often down to ¼" for video tripods and the like. I also have one mic clip that has been made with metric threads which don't fit anything!

Thanks a lot. Help me understand better:

Do you mean extract an adapter from the clip marked with red (see image link below)?

my problem is that the blue marked stand male is too small for the green female Oktava adapter?

Image with all parts marked with color:
Imgur: The magic of the Internet

That thing sticking out of the bottom of the sm58 Mic clip is the adapter. Take it out of that clip and put it in the octava clip. It just unscrews.

That thing sticking out of the bottom of the sm58 Mic clip is the adapter. Take it out of that clip and put it in the octava clip. It just unscrews.

Yup - Looks like a flanged one instead of a slotted one, so you might need pliers or some gripping tool.
Turn it anticlockwise to withdraw it.

Back