Vocal Booth from HR facebook

I saw this, I thought the design made sense, but I think I would have chosen different material. If he is just trying to make it dead, should work for the most part.

What's "hushboard"? He apparently didn't put any insulation into the 2x3 walls, just used that hushboard on the inside of it? There's going to be uncontrolled low end in that 'booth'

That was my thought. A ton of foam but nothing for low end? I don't know what hushboard is either but it seems thin so I'm not certain how much it would help the low end. I was considering making something like this but filling the walls with some pink fluff or something else good for low end. Think it's worth it?

Found this link for hushboard. I question how good it really does its job - considering it's "low density" that you cut with a knife. Supposed to be used with sheetrock over it.
Polarity - 2x3 walls with pink fiberglass won't be enough pink stuff to provide much low end absorbtion. 3" of rockwool would be better.

For a vocal booth, why would you need to worry about the low end? With just vocals, there should be very little low end.

Yeah with the wife home now there is more noise in my house, I'm finding it harder to get any recording done. Now I'm trying to re-think my room to try and make it a little easier. Filling with rockwool wouldn't be a problem, I still have a few packs of that sitting in the garage.

I might need to look into this.

Three things I noticed.
I think it's not a he by the cleavage in one of the pictures and other things.
I don't understand a project that obviously had a decent price tag to it with the wiring and dimmer and foam, etc. why cut costs. Rockwool or OC705 in those panels would make a remarkable difference in how much sound gets into the iso booth.
And why no headphone jack?
Great idea, though.

Yeah with the wife home now there is more noise in my house, I'm finding it harder to get any recording done. Now I'm trying to re-think my room to try and make it a little easier. Filling with rockwool wouldn't be a problem, I still have a few packs of that sitting in the garage.

I might need to look into this.

If I can't send my wife out of the house, I send her to her hobby room and let her know not to come out until I get done - I have all my projects lined up ready to record, lyric sheets ready, mics set up, etc, ahead of time, so i can get them done as quickly as possible.

Back