Video Cameras in the studio?

Dom Franco

I have expanded my studio, but I don't want to put in another large window between the rooms (16" double wall).

I was thinking of using some sort of Video Camera "Closed circuit" TV system to allow talkback and "viewback" into the control room.

Have any of you guys tried this? What should I use?

I don't want to spend a fortune, but I'm willing to shell out a few bucks to make it look cool.

Sincerely;

Dom Franco:)

I considered the same idea because of the distanct between my control room and my live room. The thing is then you would probably need two cameras and two monitors. Because you want to see them and you want them to see you. Looked like it'd cost too much. But I'm curious to see what you come up with.

Why would they need to see you? I don't really even see the big need to see the performer unless you are afraid of them pocketing you mics while you are in the control room. :D

I think the most important thing is for the performers to see each other. As long as that is happening I think its all good. I'm planning on putting a camera/tv in the main room, control room and tracking room. This way every one can see each other. I've recorded in a pro stuido called Congress House, it's where Ani Defranco and many more "big" names record. This is how they do it. I'm planning on going to Sams and getting the stuff there. I might by a larger TV for the main room at Target though, pretty cheap.

Good Luck
Jason

Back