Vibrating table.

SkeletorUK

Hi all, I have an issue with the table I'm using as a workstation vibrating when mixing. It's a fairly lightweight crappy table and I think I need something heavier and denser to prevent the vibrations? Don't really need a workstation, as I have no outboard equipment and my monitors are wall mounted. Just wondering what everyone else uses and if there are any tips for reducing vibrations. Cheers.

Put a rubber or foam pad down on it? Or turn down the volume on your monitors? Or just get a heavier table/desk? You could just cut a piece of 3/4" plywood to size and put it on top - assuming its the top vibrating and not the legs.

Anything you do to the table to make it not vibrate will just be a half assed solution. Get a heavier table, or pile more crap on the one you have. 75 pounds of newspapers and magazines should dampen it nicely.

Hi all, I have an issue with the table I'm using as a workstation vibrating when mixing. It's a fairly lightweight crappy table and I think I need something heavier and denser to prevent the vibrations? Don't really need a workstation, as I have no outboard equipment and my monitors are wall mounted. Just wondering what everyone else uses and if there are any tips for reducing vibrations. Cheers.

Wall mounted speakers? Sounds like you just need a better table, and maybe the one you have is touching the wall.

I cant see how the monitors are making the table vibrate if they are bolted to the wall, no matter how shitty the table is unless the table is touching the wall.

How loud you doing mixes? You doing hip hop or dance??

Back