ventilation systems for recording booth

jadsan

Hi can anyone tell me where i can find a pretty cheap pre built ventilation system for an iso booth ? I found one for $860 but i was wondering if thier are any around that are cheaper. I also know these can be made and would love to know how if anybody wouldnt mind sharing directions. Thanks in advance.

Hi can anyone tell me where i can find a pretty cheap pre built ventilation system for an iso booth ?
Are you talking just ventilation or HVAC? The price you quoted sounds ridiculous if only ventilation. However, you need to describe your booth and how it relates to your studio environment. Can you provide a plan of the studio and show the booth. Give dimensions of the booth on the plan and describe the construction of it too. A few pics would help too, as there are many ways/budget defined/and performance defined solutions. But they all demand integration into the overall scheme of things..ie...isolation limitation/physical implementation limitations iin relationship to existing conditions/construction/skill sets/budget/ etc etc etc.

So, if you can provide what I asked for...I'll try to help you. Without them..well, it's an exercise in spittin in the wind.:D

Hi, I'm really new here. Got the same concerns as above. Went to enquire from a company called LSV and they came back with over $19K (or over SGD$21,000) for a vocal booth with an option for some kinda ventilation system.
I'm a poor man, and won't deal with them on this. I've recorded a lot of times for Producers who'd simply shut the A/C during recording and it's okay coz they're paying me. But, it can get really stuffy and I'd be sweating in the booth during takes especially when there are lots of people directing the session (agency folks that is!). I wanna be mindful for my friends/talent in my home recording studio. Any tip would be appreciated. Cheers!

Thats one thing about my drum room (box within a box in the garage) that eludes me. It's almost air tight so it gets hot in there sometimes, no ventilation. But how do you ventilate without letting sound out?

Here is a link to a DIY box that I have been curious about for a while:
::::Products and Services::::

Codeseven: not sure this will prevent sound escape. Although I have not seen this plan, I imagine that one could greatly dampen the escaping sound. However, I see two external ports for leakage. As you already know, where goes air-so goes sound.
Dale

Back