Using a layer of screen door mesh to smooth out Roxul Panels

Robliveson

Hello, I was wondering if there would be any major drawback to covering my Roxul panels with mesh/screen door material, to flatten any bumps before adding micro-suede fabric over the 4'x2'x4" frames?

I'm guessing it will further limit the air-flow going through the panels, maybe completely unnecessary, but if anyone has any experience let me know if I should probably stick with fabric only, for the sake of better absorption. Thanks!! :)
This was my first attempt, with the wire mesh underneath the faces of the fabric.

IMG_0695.JPG

I'm guessing it will further limit the air-flow going through the panels...

Air-flow isn't really critical...soundwaves will pass through the mesh easily.
I wrapped my OC 703 in ultra-thin plastic (to contain any loose fiberglass) before putting on a layer of polyester felt and then a layer of Guilford cloth.

Are you guys using Rockboard? I thought it was rigid. The Safe-n-Sound product I used needed to be inside a frame, so only actually hits the fabric in the couple I converted to "clouds" - a screen would have been better for those but the vertical ones seem fine, since it's not exactly against the fabric - at least not enough I worry about appearance!

[MENTION=197503]Robliveson[/MENTION]
You panel looks really good in that picture. I am having trouble finding white fabric that isn't see-through. Is yours as clean white in person as it is in that picture? Any tips on finding good white fabric?

Back