Tweeters 1-2" from vertical center of room, can I get away with that?

cmorris975

I just measured the tweeter height on my new Yamaha HS8s and fancy speaker stands - the tweeters are sitting quite close to the vertical midpoint of the room. I could take the feet off of my stands to lower them another inch but then they'd sit right on the carpet.

What do you think? I am pretty new to trying to build a great home studio. Thanks for any advice!

Chris

You want the monitors to be two points of an equilateral triangle to your sitting position, and the height/angle so they are genreally aimed at your ears. I dont' remember ever reading anything regarding the height in the room.

I wouldnt mess with it and worry too much. Just place them where they sound good and the tweets are firing towards your ears in the sitting position

Yeah, and the triangle thing is a good rule of thumb.

Ok thanks guys. I read in some home studio blog that I shouldn't have the tweeters exactly halfway between the floor ceiling so I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a big deal if I had them really close to that point.

I've seen that recommended- with the similar reasoning that's applied to front/back and side ratios.

Back