Suggestions for garage (rehearsal space)

Rick, those illustrations are terrible! No details at all!!! Can't you do any better than THAT? :D

You're right, there is no driveway. I guess technically it's only a garage in construction, there's no easy way to actually park cars in it (we have a 2 car garage attached to the house for that). I know the former owner used to work on motorcycles back there, not sure what else he used it for (and don't know why it required 2 oversized garage doors)

Thanks for the images. Let me see if I understand it correctly. What you're basically showing is a way to seal off the doors from the inside? I was thinking of something like that if I did decide to forgo the use of the doors. I was thinking of trying to do it from the outside, but your suggestion seems like it would be easier to make effective while also not having to worry so much on making it look natural with the outside.

Well, my wife was kind enough to take some sound measurements during practice. She said while standing right outside the backdoor, directly in front of the garage, it fluctuated between 75 and 80 decibels depending on the song. Louder than I was hoping, but honestly lower than I was expecting. We were trying out a new pair of monster PA speakers that our guitarist purchased (that we won't be using regularly during practice), but only the vocals were hooked up to the PA so I imagine it didn't add much to the decibel count.

I have a lot of thinking to do, thanks again for all the help.

Back