Studio monitor positioning with multi-monitor setup

thoom

I have triple-monitor setup for other work that I do, 24" center with 19" left and right. The left and right monitors are in the position where studio monitors are usually located. Currently I have my small M-Audio AV30's below the main monitor. I am looking to upgrade and improve sound quality. If I go with a larger studio monitors, it is better to turn them sideways to prevent them from being blocked by the monitors and perhaps angle them up or better to position them to the left/right of the wing monitors - they would be 5 feet apart and angled in quite a bit.

It depends on the speakers. Some are meant to be horizontal only, like a lot of three-way monitors - some are meant to be used upright only - and some can work either way. However, most are meant to be in whichever orientation they come in and are not suitable to simply turn on their sites. For the record, I have two 22" screens in front of me with my monitors to each side about 6" away from each other, so almost 5 feet apart. I'm about 3.5 feet from them. Not a perfect equilateral triangle but its what sounded best with my speakers.

Back