Studio of the Damned

S8-N

..|.. Part-time Antichrist ..|..
This is a recent picture of Sintrack, although it probably won't work...

Sintrack1.JPG

If you get bored, check out the whole site... NOT FOR EVERYONE!!!
http://homepages.msn.com/TwentiesCir/s8-n/mofopage.html

[This message has been edited by Dragon (edited 11-01-1999).]

[This message has been edited by S8-N (edited 11-18-1999).]

Hey,
For some reason when I load this post, all I get is a red X where the image should be... but if I hit the BACK button and then the Forward button... The image is displayed properly... What's tha deal???

S8-N

It must be the image of the damned too...I edited this message by hand three or four times before I got it working (and no, you hadn't seemed to do anything wrong, either) and now it's not working again! Weird...

Well, you know...
The picture sucks anyway. I'll do better next time...

S8-N

Those pics of me with long hair are from a few years ago, except the ones of me as jesus and that is a wig... Funny thing is that the wig does look almost exactly like my real hair used to... and I got that wig at target for like $8... Sad...
I shaved off all of that hair around the time that became an Antichrist... and I keep it shaved...

S8-N

K - this is how I got to see the studio with a new angle, a new slant: at first, no picture, just the little doodah where the picture's spostabe. Right click on the doodah, left click on 'view image'. Hey presto! There's the Alesis mixer in the background, and there's the phone on the computer tower, and... What? Phone on the computer? Aren't they notorious sources of unwanted noise, for two reasons? You *do* play loud. :) And sometimes when I backclick (gee, that word looks a tad rude, donit?) on the photo page, I get everything at once - photo, text, and salmon background.

[This message has been edited by dobro (edited 10-28-1999).]

You know...
Bad things have been following this band since the beginning...
Our first "show" was a party at which 3 bands played... we were the "headlining" band (last to play)... The gig went off smooth and it was a nice night untill it was our turn to play... A violent thunderstorm appeared from nowhere and lightning started striking all around... I don't believe in god... but I wasn't about to test things either...
We got the hell out...
We played a couple of shows in Little Rock, Arkansas, which was an 8 hour drive from P-Cola... The bass player and I worked at the same resturaunt at the time and both took the weekend off... Much to the aprehension of our boss...
When we got back we discovered that the resturaunt had almost closed down... The kitchen Manager got thrown in jail for beating up his girlfriend in the parking lot and the main fry cook accidentally dropped his cigarette lighter in the fryer... it exploded- splashing hot grease all over him and he was in the hospital for 2 weeks...
WE were told that we couldn't schedule any more out of town gigs untill the off season... And we didn't.
WE started playing in town exclusively... We were booked to open for Stuck Mojo who I knew from Atlanta... WE played, but they didn't show up...
Then we were booked to open for Ultra Bidet from Japan... We were very excited... They didn't show up... Then we were booked to play with Buzzo*ven and Season to Risk... The air conditioning in the club went out (in the middle of summer... 90 degrees at night with serious humidity... We were playing UPSTAIRS at this club with all of the heat rising from the other club below... It was easily a hundred degrees up there... I went through a gallon of water in like 20 minutes... WE cut our set short cause I was passing out onstage... And Season to Risks van broke down and they didn't make it...
WE decided not to play shows in P-cola anymore and started concentrating on out of town gigs... Then the bassist tells me that his wife got a great paying job in Montana and they are moving... We never found another bassist so I decided to put this studio together so my drummer and I could continue working...
Bad things happen around me... Story of my life...

S8-N

I hate to say this S8-N, but when I first visited your Mp3 site, I thought that picture was of you. I thought "How could my master look like that?" But now I see that was just a friend. I feel much more at ease knowing you practice on the throne. And you have tattoos and look like what I pictured Satan to be. I am now content.
Then I looked in the mirror, and I realized, I am, in fact, ruled by the dark side, and I am truly intuned to the sounds of hell. I am re-recording a song I call "Suck What?" that embodies my hate for organized religion...
I hope that you accept this as tuition into your school of hate. I would like to graduate with honors.

Actually I am kinda suspicious about that whole "job offer to good to pass up" story... I think that was just a plot to get Paul out of the cult...
Would you move to Montana from Pensacola for an extra 5K per year? When you are already making like 80K? That is the equivilant to a 25 cent per hour raise for me... She does something relating to finances at a newspaper.
And Paul had just spent lord knows how much money and time building a bass cab the size of a refrigerator that would push the ultralow freqs we needed... Then one day he's gone... Haven't heard from him since...

S8-N

Hey, S2K, here's how you might handle the situation:

1. get the bassist's whereabouts from S8N
2. seduce the wife
3. find better jobs for both of you in a warmer climate (optional, depending on how much you like living in Montana)
4. move (see step 3 but probably a good idea after step 2)
5. learn to play bass (optional, depending on whether or not you move to Pensacola and live in a triad with S8N)

Of course 85k in Montana is roughly equivalent to 100k in Florida. She was probably able to pick up a pretty good spread for cheap as well. And when you're on 100 acres of land, you can play as loud as your heart desires...

Do you mean the African American Jesus???

I donno... my luck was pretty bad even when I was a christian. At least now when I have a streak of bad luck I dont wait around for god to help... I fix things myself... If my bassist moves away... I build a studio so I can work without him... What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...

S8-N

S8-N, you've got the right attitude, that's for sure - when life breaks, you fix it yourself. Although I've found that luck is often a matter of perspective.

Not to judge, but the mere fact that your bass player is in Montana shows that he ain't gonna go the distance with the band. I gigged with more than a few fellas, and it takes a special group of gearheads to make a band break through. (Check out Pantera - those guys gigged around Dallas for 20 YEARS before anybody paid any attention)

If it means anything, when putting together a lineup, forget about the ability (at least at first) and look for personalities. Sometimes the guy who seems like a dork and can't play all that well is exactly the type to stick with it. Most musicians get markedly better over time, but a non-committal band mate tanks the project.

Oh, I went to your site - rugged man, rugged. But its not quite Hell... I've seen Hell, and it is Nashville.

Yeah, he wasn't right for the band in the first place... WE couldn't find anyone and I happened to get hired at the resturaunt he worked at... I was asking around if anyone knew any bass players and they pointed him out to me... He played with a pick and listened to crap like Tool and Queensryche... I turned him on to Korn and some heavy stuff and took away his pick and taught him to play slap bass... I verbally abused him untill he agreed to come jam with us...
We struggled with him untill he had the songs down and started playing shows... I think that the bastard actually enjoyed it but it was always a struggle teaching him the parts...
We weren't very happy with him but now he's gone and we can't play shows any more...
A lousy bassist is better than no bassist at all...

S8-N

S8-N - hiya. I reckon audioforgery's right - look for personalities. Or perhaps it's marginally more complex than that: look for personality first, plus someone who's actually got a sense of rhythm. :) It sounds like you were having to force the bass player into a mould ("Begonia's collar looks awfully tight")- he wasn't right, and you couldn't make him be right. A good question at this point might be: "What do you need to know and do to get a bassist that fits?" Another good question might be: "You think you got problems? I got a cellist who can't play too good and doesn't exactly see the point in what I'm doing either." So, as I see it, it's like this: you learn how to play and put together songs; also, you learn how to record at home; also, you learn practical applied psychology so you work with the right people at the right time.
I'm not sure if I'm right, but I'm sure that this is important - look at the length of this thread. It's not just you.

Audiof: I always thought Nashville was rigid like walls - it gets the product out, but it doesn't know how to learn from the inside. But maybe you actually *went* there! As for me, I've just saved up to go to New Orleans.

[This message has been edited by dobro (edited 11-12-1999).]

Back