*STICKY* Where to Buy Rigid Fiberglass

reshp1

Well as promised here it is....
Please post places that you know of to get rigid fiberglass, rockwool, mineral etc and the location of that distributer. If this thread gets big enough to be helpful, I'll try to get Dragon to sticky it for us.

I'll start

Detroit MI area,

Insulation Sales
Ferndale, MI
248-398-7200

"They carry Owens Corning 703 Unfaced, FRK (foil) faced and ASJ (white) faced in the 1", 1-1/2" and 2" varities." (thanks AjD)

Aurora IL
Amerisafe
http://www.amerisafe.net/store/item.asp?ITEM_ID=712&DEPARTMENT_ID=152
Sells all sorts of fiberboard by Knauf (Owens Corning competitor)
NOTE: The website pricing is PER SQ FT, and they do ship via UPS anywhere in the U.S.

Someone posted a map of locations for a national chain that sells rigid fiberglass that I can't seem to find right now, but if someone has a copy please post that up.

Got my Johns Manville 817 from McCormick Insulation Supply, Inc.

http://www.mccormickinsulation.com/

They've got a bunch of locations scattered across Maryland and Virginia. They were helpful, cheerful, and highly professional -- and that did not change when I told them I only wanted two packages of material.

reshp1 said:
Well as promised here it is....
Please post places that you know of to get rigid fiberglass, rockwool, mineral etc and the location of that distributer. If this thread gets big enough to be helpful, I'll try to get Dragon to sticky it for us.

I'll start

Detroit MI area,

Insulation Sales
Ferndale, MI
248-398-7200

"They carry Owens Corning 703 Unfaced, FRK (foil) faced and ASJ (white) faced in the 1", 1-1/2" and 2" varities." (thanks AjD)

Aurora IL
Amerisafe
http://www.amerisafe.net/store/item.asp?ITEM_ID=712&DEPARTMENT_ID=152
Sells all sorts of fiberboard by Knauf (Owens Corning competitor)
NOTE: The website pricing is PER SQ FT, and they do ship via UPS anywhere in the U.S.

Someone posted a map of locations for a national chain that sells rigid fiberglass that I can't seem to find right now, but if someone has a copy please post that up.

how would i order that, would i type in quanity 1 our quanity 8 so i can get 24 by 48 board sorry lol

Chris Klein said:
how would i order that, would i type in quanity 1 our quanity 8 so i can get 24 by 48 board sorry lol

I ended up calling them to place the order. I didn't exactly trust their online checkout to make sure I was getting exactly what I wanted (correct FSK, density etc). I think you would have to type in 48 because they only sell in full cartons of 6 sheets. Give 'em a call, their very helpful

Just another nod to SPI.

I got my rigid fiberglass from them two weeks ago. They shipped it to me in two days. Great service! They also have mineral wool. If I remember correctly, the mineral wool was about $.20 cheaper per sq foot than the Owens Corning fiberglass.

Anyway, I ordered a carton (12 2x4 boards) of 2" OC703 and 4 4" 6pcf mineral wool boards. After shipping, it was around $130.

I've got half of them covered and randomly placed in my "control room." I can already hear a big difference. I'm pumped!

Does anyone know where to aquire any of this stuff in the UK? More specifically Northern Ireland? Please help. thanks.

More specifically Northern Ireland
Don't know where to get it there, but welcome to the board from an "american" Irishman. :D Where abouts in Northern Ireland? Whats with the UK though? :eek: Ireland isn't british. :mad: At least from my perspective. Fuck that.
Instead of Rigid Fiberglass, maybe you can find Rockwool. Works the same.
fitZ

I just found out today that MENARDS in Madison WI, carrieds Owen Corning 703 Rigid Fiberglass in 4'x8' panels; 1in thick ($9.99 per panel) 3in thick($14.99 per panel).

Awesome! So "some" Menard's carry it? I am looking for a place in Minneapolis, and thus far no dice.

Fortunately, we have like 50 Menard's in the extended Metro area. Time to make some calls. :D

Anyone with a scoop on it in the Minneapolis area? I'd sure like to know.

703 Rigid Fiberglass Panels at Menards????????????

Thane1200, i called up Menards both in Madison, and Baraboo today and neither of them new anything about those panels. Then i got a call back saying that they can order them from Owen Corning for me. They thought i wanted them as a sound barrier for a milkhouse...yeah!!! Anyway did you buy yours directly from the store, or did they order them for you. I amy have just been talking to a tard who can't do their job properly, but i live an hour away and don't want to waste a trip.

Analytical Man said:
Thane1200, i called up Menards both in Madison, and Baraboo today and neither of them new anything about those panels. Then i got a call back saying that they can order them from Owen Corning for me. They thought i wanted them as a sound barrier for a milkhouse...yeah!!! Anyway did you buy yours directly from the store, or did they order them for you. I amy have just been talking to a tard who can't do their job properly, but i live an hour away and don't want to waste a trip.

I spoke the the lady at the Order desk and she showed me in the computer inventory that they stocked it in the back warehouse; onsite.

Back