is something wrong with these?

IMO, nothing wrong with them as long as you know what they are good for, have already taken measures to take care of bass issues and modes in your room, and have taken measurements of your room after these treatments. Then, they may be awesome for spot treatment. Definitely not the first, nor the least expensive place to start.

well all ive done so far is cut out the echo and tame the high frequencies. there seems to be mid range/bass problems. im not really sure how to isolate that yet.

That is the hardest, and most important thing to deal with in any room. Read up in this forum about everything you can. If you are handy, you can likely get a grip on the issues for under $300, depending on the room itself. The basics in a control room are to build traps for all 4 vertical corners, and absorption panels for first reflection points including ceilings. From there you can begin to fine tune. There are many DIY options for building this stuff and much debate about the most efficient. The bottom line is that you need to do something to get any room reasonable for accurate listening. What that entails, depends on your budget, and or ability to build stuff yourself.

is something wrong with these?
Junk.

(A) You want decent foam that's cheap as hell, use Auralex.

(B) Even Auralex "bass traps" don't (trap bass).

Those things won't even touch the problematic frequencies. If you want a freakishly cheap and somewhat reasonable solution, you can put bags of R32 in the corners (stacked - floor-to-ceiling) and then make some sort of pretty frame. But putting lightweight foam that's nowhere near massive enough to treat the low end is just going to be a waste of $$$.

Thanks for the articles and the other help.

... how much would you folks throw up on me if I made a video of my room the way it is and asked for set up tips?

Edit: from you all of course.

Thanks for the articles and the other help.

... how much would you folks throw up on me if I made a video of my room the way it is and asked for set up tips?

Edit: from you all of course.

That is actually your best bet kage. Start filming. :)

Well then looks like I know what I'm doing when I wake up. Time for me to sleep now though. Played the new james bond game for like 6 hours :eek:
I'm out Zzzzzzzz

Well, here it is.
I basically want any and all tips on how to set this room up.
Moving the stuff. Adding another rug. Losing some foam. Adding some foam. Whatever.

"This video is still being processed. Video quality may improve once processing is complete. " says youtube.

Man you got two lava lamps!?!? What a boss :D

Were the drums actually "echoing" when you had the desk on that wall or were they just resonating when you played something through the monitors? From a mixing standpoint you don't want your monitors right next to walls like they are. You want space between the walls and monitors.

Man you got two lava lamps!?!? What a boss :D

Were the drums actually "echoing" when you had the desk on that wall or were they just resonating when you played something through the monitors? From a mixing standpoint you don't want your monitors right next to walls like they are. You want space between the walls and monitors.

Resonating.
I never actually had the desk set up there. But when speaking the drums would resonate the sounds

Worst case scenario I suppose during mxing or vox recording throwing a light blanket over the drums would cut out the resonation.
:confused:

I love the flower trim along the top :p

You need to treat your corners dude. Superchunks or multi-layer-panels (at least 6" thick).

You can make 4 (8' floor-to-ceiling) corner traps for under $200 with the following:

1 Pack Roxul Safe and Sound 24 x 48 x 6" (8 Batts) Lowes $47
1 Pack Roxul Safe and Sound 15 x 48 x 6" (12 Batts) Lowes $47
6 Yards of felt/burlap/cotton/fleece for covers @ $4/yard = $48
11 yards cheapest cotten ducking/material you can get that is 40" wide 11 @ $1.50~$2 = $16~$20
2 8ft 1x8" pine board - 2 @ $10? = $20
16 straight 8ft 1x2"s = $16

Then build 8 of these https://homerecording.com/bbs/gener...building-display/some-new-panels-pics-333835/
but make them 8 feet tall instead of 4' tall, use 1x2's instead of the cornerbead. Face the front with the facing material and cover the sides and back with the cheap stuff.
On the face you lay down one 24x48 panel, then lay a 15" panel on top of that.

All you need is a mitre saw (or a regular rotary saw would work too) and a staple gun. Oh and a nailgun or you could use screws but pre-drill them!
An air-stapler works best...

Resonating.
I never actually had the desk set up there. But when speaking the drums would resonate the sounds

Worst case scenario I suppose during mxing or vox recording throwing a light blanket over the drums would cut out the resonation.
:confused:

Exactly what I was going to suggest:p or toss a shirt or two on each.

I love the flower trim along the top :p
Yeah, so does my mom :cool:

You need to treat your corners dude. Superchunks or multi-layer-panels (at least 6" thick).

You can make 4 (8' floor-to-ceiling) corner traps for under $200 with the following:

1 Pack Roxul Safe and Sound 24 x 48 x 6" (8 Batts) Lowes $47
1 Pack Roxul Safe and Sound 15 x 48 x 6" (12 Batts) Lowes $47
6 Yards of felt/burlap/cotton/fleece for covers @ $4/yard = $48
11 yards cheapest cotten ducking/material you can get that is 40" wide 11 @ $1.50~$2 = $16~$20
2 8ft 1x8" pine board - 2 @ $10? = $20
16 straight 8ft 1x2"s = $16
Ok, so that is the list of what I need for the corner traps?

Then build 8 of these https://homerecording.com/bbs/gener...building-display/some-new-panels-pics-333835/
but make them 8 feet tall instead of 4' tall, use 1x2's instead of the cornerbead. Face the front with the facing material and cover the sides and back with the cheap stuff.
On the face you lay down one 24x48 panel, then lay a 15" panel on top of that.
What exactly is that for :confused:

All you need is a mitre saw (or a regular rotary saw would work too) and a staple gun. Oh and a nailgun or you could use screws but pre-drill them!
An air-stapler works best...

Got saws and a staple gun :D

Do you all think I should rearrange the room or is that not necessary?

Set one up in each of the five corners?

In the corner where the amps are would there be a problem with making one from cabs to ceiling instead of floor to ceiling?

And another question: Would there be anything wrong acoustically with swapping the places of the drums and the desk? Drums in a corner bad?

Do you guys see anywhere in the room where the drums would be best placed or is it not that big of a deal?

Back