Silica Beads - where do I get these?

Try your drug store - the guy that makes up prescription drugs should have some - they do here in OZ.

Subtractor - you need silica beads when you are building studio windows. You put them in the cavity between the glass cos they soak up the humidity and stop the windows from fogging up.

cheers
john

I got mine at a craft store....no one else knew what the hell I was talking about!!!

Apparently, it's also used for drying flowers.......!

John Sayers said:
Try your drug store - the guy that makes up prescription drugs should have some - they do here in OZ.

Subtractor - you need silica beads when you are building studio windows. You put them in the cavity between the glass cos they soak up the humidity and stop the windows from fogging up.

cheers
john

Ahhh... OK. BTW a pharmacy is a drug store.

Although, if you search for silica beads on google, there are several places you can get them from.

Either that or buy a whole bunch of shoes and save up the little packets!;) :)

"buy a whole bunch of shoes and save up the little packets" -

Jeez, Subtractor - thanks a lot, you just saved me a TON of money - I wuz just gettin' ready to buy 300 cameras, just for the silica... :=)

Hopefully, drug stores in the US have different supplies than in Canada....

Over here, not a sinlge one could supply me with it.... they use it themselves and they knew what it was, but they couldn't sell it - but a craft store can?!?!?!! :confused:

Back