Silent CPU cooler

Vigo

Like the title says, anyone got leads of a good CPU cooler that's silent enough? Im thinking around 60$

My current cooler is unbalanced so theres a fan thats flappin all the time... Kinda annoying...

Hey,
You might get some good opinions here but it might also be worth hitting a computer or overclocking forum for deeper knowledge.

Still...What cpu brand/architecture/model do you have? What cooler do you currently have?
Is water an option?

General rule of fans....Bigger-Slower-Quieter.

Also, you're certain it's the CPU fan? You may have PSU fans, case fans, gpu fans etc. It'd be worth finding out for sure.
Was it always noisy? If it's defective and worked fine before you may just need to replace it rather than upgrade.

I just installed a cooler master Gemini 2. I swapped out the stock fan with a Noctua NF-F12 PWM. That is a really great fan. So quiet and it's PWM. Also.comes with a low noise adapter that'll knock the rpm down to keep it even quieter if needed.

Honestly I don't think the Gemini is a very good cooler, but I'd whole heartedly recommend Noctua fans for whatever you put in. I'm using all Noctua PWM fans in my studio computer (front intake, mid chassis, cpu cooler, rear exhaust) and it is super quiet.

Here is what I am using now. LINK

HERE is the thread about what happened.

Hope that helps. :)

I bought one of those, and before it arrived I realized that since I'm using a 4U rackmount case instead of a regular tower case, that cooler was just a few mm too tall. Otherwise, that was my first choice, and it gets great reviews. I'd still recommend putting Noctua fans on it though.

Back