Room Treatment?

Olijanovi

Hey everybody,

I've been really concerned lately about my room where I record. There is nothing on walls, there is a running computer in the room. When I sing really really loud, I hear my walls resonate, although I don't hear it on my recordings... do you?

My concern has been coming from getting a bigger writing and recording gig. I am unsure about going to a pro studio to record vocals OR invest that money into making my room better. Any ideas?

I have attached an acoustic guitar and voice recording done at my place. No mastering has been done on the tracks.

I have a pretty big walk in closet, perhaps should I record in there? Or what about simple Reflection Filters?

Olijanovi,

You must treat any room you plan to use. You will definitely hear a difference in the tracks. ;)

I have a few things to say about the Reflexion Filter on my VooDoo page. NOTE: A larger room will always beat a small room when recording, be it vocals or drums...

There are articles and calculators that you may find helpful on my publications page as well as the articles on the GIK site and the RealTraps site.

Cheers,
John

How much of a difference will it make solely based on the recording factor? I am not looking to mix my stuff.

Back