Room EQ Wizard measurement interpretation HELP!?

aslomusic

Hello! I have my home studio in my small bedroom (17m2), the dimensions of this room are: length (390 cm), width (445 cm) and height (305 cm). The speakers used for the measurement are the EVE Audio SC205 with a frequency range from 53Hz-21kHz. I did a REW measurement of my room but I am not really sure how to read it.

I would need help and guidance to the right treatment and I also need help with the interpretation of the data collected.

Included are pictures of the SPL & Phase, RT60 and the Waterfall. Also included is a zip file of the actual REW measurement so that you can have a closer look.

My intention with the room is to treat it as a control room / listening room.

All help needed!

Cheers!

SPL & Phase.pngRT60.pngWaterfall.pngView attachment Room Measurement.mdat.zip

The waterfall seems to be the most telling of those images, with substantial resonance in the room below 250Hz. That would suggest you need strong LF treatment.

"IMO/E" it's a complete waste of time shooting an untreated space. It's going to be horrible - They all are - almost without exception.

A "base layer" of broadband treatment should be in before. All four corners, floor-to-ceiling and all four high-side corners (in relation to the mix position) are a bare minimum.

*Then* try analyzing the space. Otherwise, you might as well try to figure out the best setting for a clothes dryer while you're floating around in a swimming pool.

"IMO/E" it's a complete waste of time shooting an untreated space. It's going to be horrible - They all are - almost without exception.

A "base layer" of broadband treatment should be in before. All four corners, floor-to-ceiling and all four high-side corners (in relation to the mix position) are a bare minimum.

*Then* try analyzing the space. Otherwise, you might as well try to figure out the best setting for a clothes dryer while you're floating around in a swimming pool.

When I first set up my space...I just tossed in a shitload of broadband...never bothered to do any kind of measurements of the empty space, because I knew that it would need the broadband trapping right off.
Then I did measurements afterwards to see what trouble spots were left. I then added some more ceiling treatment in spots.

Last year I added (6) mega-traps (6" of 703 each) mainly for the LF. I did measurements again before placing the LF traps, since my room has changed a bit...and then more measurements after adding them to see their effect, and also to try different placements for them...and eventually I found where the LF traps did the most good..

On the other hand 'before (untreated) and after' gives you dose of how little effect 'some trapping' has.
:>)

Hey!
Thank you for your answer.

I was wondering if you know how to read / interpret the information in detail? That is kind of what I need. Like different modes, ringing, nodes analysis, phase cancelation, modal peaks and dips. I would like to know about them and where they are so that I can really dig deep in my research for good treatment.

Cheers!

Could you give us a floorplan?

Note position of the speakers, if you've already decided that.
And position of the measurement mic, if you recall.
Doesn't have to be cm precise, i's more to get a perspective.

And what materials are floor, walls, ceiling... made of?

Ir doesn't look too bad, from the graph. Just your typical resonances which are to be expected in a room with these dimensions.

Back