Rockwool

tommyrelive

Hello there

I am building my own absorbers and need some help sourcing some rockwool and I am looking to purchase several 100mm slabs (or 2x50mm!) or either RW3 or RWA45 Rockwool or similar product.

First of all, can anyone tell me which would be better for general broadband absorption out of the two? I cant see a great deal of difference from the specs but I heard RW3 is more like the owens-corning 703 and was wondering what peoples opinions were on this?

Second of all, does anyone have any other alternatives? I have looked at local hardware store buts its all cheap loft insulation with crap absorption coefficient data (or none at all!)

Last of all, where is the best place to source said material? I have found some rw3 on studio spares but other than that, I cant find any unless I buy 10 packs at a time! I am only looking to buy about 4-8 slabs of 100mm.

Kind regards

Hello there

I am building my own absorbers and need some help sourcing some rockwool and I am looking to purchase several 100mm slabs (or 2x50mm!) or either RW3 or RWA45 Rockwool or similar product.

First of all, can anyone tell me which would be better for general broadband absorption out of the two? I cant see a great deal of difference from the specs but I heard RW3 is more like the owens-corning 703 and was wondering what peoples opinions were on this?

Second of all, does anyone have any other alternatives? I have looked at local hardware store buts its all cheap loft insulation with crap absorption coefficient data (or none at all!)

Last of all, where is the best place to source said material? I have found some rw3 on studio spares but other than that, I cant find any unless I buy 10 packs at a time! I am only looking to buy about 4-8 slabs of 100mm.

Kind regards

Hi,
Where in the world are you?
I was able to get 5 x 2'x4'x4" from a supplier in England a few years ago. I couldn't find the same small qualities in NI where I live.

I get the wickes 30mm rockwool, it is heavy density, check it out, absorbs far more bass but it's very heavy.

We are going to be selling rockwool on our website very soon as part of our DIY range. Look out for it in the next few days

Back