Resilient Channel Going Up

DigitalDon

Most of the insulation is in now so I've started putting up the resilient channel. Since my studs are on 24" centers I've spaced the channel (vertically) 16". Read that somewhere but don't remember where.

Picked up the sheetrock for the exterior walls today. 5/8" x 10'. 38 pieces. Man that stuff's heavy. Had to put more air in the trailer tires :eek: . I should be ready to start sheetrocking the walls Saturday.

I should be finishing the insulation tomorrow and getting back on the resilient channel. I still have to extend the control room/live room seperating wall up from the current 8' to the peak of 14'.

Right now I'm trying to get all the exterior walls completed so the band can start practicing in there.

Details, details, details.........

DD

You may be on to this already but having the channel level is paramount. It also needs to be spaced perfectly or headaches abound. I was doing the same thing last week. I used a string drawn tightly from end to end on a wall to get mine as straight and level as possible. The string was tied around a long screw on either end so the channel mounted underneath the string and I could keep it lined up along the entire length of the channel. Some of my lengths were over thirty feet so making it straight was very critical.

Putting the channel up on the ceiling took longer than attaching the drywall itself. I had to do some crazy stuff to make my ceiling work. I had sprinkler pipes to work around. If I don't have to do it again any time soon I will not complain.

Good luck
RD

Back