Resilient Channel

Many drywall supply houses carry resilient channel. I used Dietrich's RC-Deluxe. Dietrich is a major manufacturer of metal framing products.

I ended up special ordering mine from a home center only because it was geographically more convenient than a drywall supply house.

I shop at B&H quite a bit, but they're just as high priced on Auralex' version of RC as Anyone is - haven't bought any in 2 years, and steel has tripled in price in that time, but I paid $2 per 12 foot stick at that time; so you should be able to find the stuff locally for around 50 cents a foot instead of $1.20 for the RC-8 - for that high a price, I'd skip it and use RSIC clips and hat channel... Steve

Yes, beware that music/audio stores are usually not the best place to buy construction materials. It's just not their business and their markups are outrageous. They justify the markups by rebranding.

I built my home studio without a single construction related purchase from a music/audio store. You'll find many people doing the same at www.johnlsayers.com, where knightfly and others offer an enormous amount of help. One of these days I really need to post my finished pictures there, but I've been too busy using the studio!

If you want something with isolation, predictability, and almost no shot at screwing it up during installation, check out Pac International RSIC-1 clips coupled with hat channel.

Bryan

Back