read before asking questions

witzendoz

I found this video which has some good information about how to improve acoustics in the room, answers a lot of questions we get asked here. There was not much about bass trapping but still good advice.

Alan.

So.. I should have diffusors instead of my panels at first reflection points? :confused:

It's kind of confusing how there are so many different perspectives on these things.. Sometimes I wish I could just :RTFM: and be done with it. :facepalm:

Generally.. no. Not in smallish rooms at least as I understand it.
Also... 2" (or what ever it is they're showing) for the corners..?

I understand from the video that if the room is too dead you can use diffusors instead of absorbers. In my own case I have some diffusors and absorbers in the recording room, my control room has absorbers on the side walls and ceiling clouds, a diffusor on the rear wall with some absorbers above and below. The front wall has absorbers and bass traps either side of the window.

I think the video is a good guide, which is why I posted it, but you do have to taylor it to your own situation.

Alan.

Need some advice on my studio set up

Hello every1 ! Im a newbie here so i apologize for not knowing how to work this forum but i will find out sooner than later. I have a decent sized room but my ceiling is high and slanted with a few other things going on. I need some advice on how to get a good sound in my home studio, im planning on buying some foam. I want to post a video explaining what exactly is going on.

Hello every1 ! Im a newbie here so i apologize for not knowing how to work this forum but i will find out sooner than later. I have a decent sized room but my ceiling is high and slanted with a few other things going on. I need some advice on how to get a good sound in my home studio, im planning on buying some foam. I want to post a video explaining what exactly is going on.

You would be better to start a new post with the question, I started this so that people could watch the video first to have some idea of what goes on. Did you actually watch the video, all the way through?

Alan.

Back