"Quiet Zone"

Isn't Knightfly a moderator at John Sayers' site
That's a good question. He's still listed...but haven't seen a single post in a few years. I used to be in contact with Steve on a regular basis as he lives about a hundred miles from me. But the last time I talked to him, he was getting so busy with his video business, it left him with no time for moderation on Johns site. He did mention something wasn't kosher there but I can't speak for Steve. All I know is he completely dropped out of the Home recording dialog. Hope he and family are ok.

Damn, how time flies when yer havin' fun... I was just checking old links and came across this one, thought I'd let you know that "the rumours of my death are still somewhat exagerated..."

Update - the video biz went fine for a while, then corporate politics reared its ugly head. Nuff said. I'm finally about to retire (if you can call it that) but currently am recovering from massive shoulder surgery (rotators fragged, tendons attaching biceps to arm bone nearly gone, techno-bone lag bolts added, etc)

Once I recover (3-4 months) I'll use up some vacation and then it's official - fuck work. (meaning J-O-B, of course)

Few new projects - tripling my shop space, new riding arena/stalls for wife, 2-story 32x40 garage, second story will be (finally) a new studio aimed at both audio and video production, and a few well-documented projects for online income if it works out (stay tuned, I'm older and slower but still kickin'...

Will most likely get back into helping John out if it's in the cards, but definitely will NOT have as much time as I used to spend on the boards.

Gotta run for now, hope everyone's well and REALLY glad Jim's still happy with his room... Steve

Hey Amped (if you're still around), how much did all of this job cost you? I'm a (happily) married man, and will be having a baby someday as well as finding a new house by next summer. I dread the whole baby thing when it comes to thinking about my hobby. It'd be nice to keep the hobby going in order to keep me sane. When the kid naps or what have you, it's daddy's time for the studio. Although, I've read it's nearly impossible to soundproof your basement without loads and loads of materials and $$$ as well as garage's also being a bad idea to convert. That being said, I think building and starting from scratch like you did would be best. So shopping for a house with a big enough backyard space will be WAYYY easier than trying to find a house with all the stuff my wants wants PLUS, a play room, PLUS a BIG ENOUGH music room. I am drummer/home studioist myself. Separate structure will also seem more professional for clients and make it less awkward than bringing them through my house and my wife feels like her privacy is invaded, etc.

Just wondering a ball park of what you spent to do all this? Mostly just the structure/insulation/flooring/inside wall material, etc.

Thanks if you can shed some light!

Back