Quick poll about studio monitors

How close are those to the 4311's?

I honestly have no idea. They seem to get great reviews as far as I can see, but I would have bought them either way. I didn't compare them with any other monitors. I was using 6" "Realistic" speakers off an old stereo system for years. So, I knew anything would be an up-grade. When I saw how these looked, I had to have them. :D

Horror tones? Those aren't powered right? What amp are you using to drive them?

None of my monitors are powered except the sub,

The Mission Pros are powered by a Hafler, the NS 10's are powered by a Altronic Kit amp I built about 25 years ago, the Horrortones are powered by the same amp as the NS10's via speaker selector switch (this may change soon as I plan to build a signal switcher and run them from an old class A hifi amp I have laying around). From memory both amps are a very good 100 watts a side.

Alan.

M-Audio M3-8 (8") mid field and KRK Rokit 5 (5") near field. M-Audios are on Auralex MoPads on Jamstands @ 2 meters, Rokits are on Isocoustic L8R-155s @ 2 feet.
Room is 8 1/2'H x 10 x 14.
Corner traps + 8 2x2 panels on each wall + 2x4 clouds (2) + tuned QRD rear on rear wall.

1) Event ALP5s and Bose bookshelf speakers with supplemental sub.
2) Standing up. Bose spkrs sit on top of Events.
3) 10 ft cubed.
4) Lots. All 4 corners, in plane with speakers. 1st reflection. Backwall. Cloud. Plus bookshelves, desk, other furnishings and a lot of junk. All in this one little room.

1. 7"
2. Standing up, on isolated stands
3. 3.5x4.5x~4m
4. Lots - false ceiling (vaulted roof above), lots of bass trapping, big fibreglass panels on side walls, diffusers on rear wall.

Back