Questions about placement and treatment

Man, I am curious how you could possibly see the speaker in another spot on the wall unless it was not flat against the wall...

The mirror was right against the wall when I did it. In addition to the 2 spots I put the panels at, I see the side of the speaker where the x is:

Ok, sorry I misunderstood. But it seems you are taking this way too literally... The mirror thing/trick only gets you near what is the best starting location. You have that down it seems. Only your personal use of the room and experience from it will tell you if that is working. It could be that you need more absorption there. Maybe not needed.

I would be more concerned with how you haven't spoken about the ceiling tiles and treatment there. It is basically the same issue.

Don't get caught up in details of these basic acoustic treatment designs. They are just basic starting points. Take those steps and listen to how it works with the way your room sounds. Move forward from there by adding more if needed. :)

The only semi-educated answer I could give to your question would be 'maybe'? I honestly do not have a direct answer as I am not a professional studio builder. I only know what I do from asking questions of those who have more experience, trying things myself, and learning from what I have tried after not having great results.

Though my first off use of the basic treatments made a huge difference for me. My studio and the acoustic treatments in it have evolved over the years so I really can't give an honest opinion because my mixing room treatments are mostly in wall now and not just panels.

You are off to a great start. How does it sound now? Better than before?

Back