Quantum Acoustics or Quackery? Any thoughts?

Dicus

Enthusiastic Member
Online I stumbled upon this video which discusses the acoustic treatment of Hybrid Studios: Studio Acoustic Treatment & Design w/ Hanson Hsu - Warren Huart: Produce Like A Pro - YouTube
Looked really cool so I thought I'll check it out. The acoustic treatment dude from the company Delta H Designs(Delta H Design | ZR Product Designs | Explained) explains it to be quantum acoustics. They used knowledge from Quantum Science to make acoustical treatment. When someone tries to sell something expensive and starts using terms I do not fully understand it makes me suspicous. But his claims are very cool. The panels aren't to thick and would not take a lot of room. And both dudes in the video, the other is producer Warren Huart, say that the control room of Hybrid Studios sound amazing in every corner of the studio that would be really cool!

So has anyone any ideas if it's a thing that really works? What kind of material they use? And does anyone know/can we learn to DIY it :D

Where are their measurements...
This is supposed to be science. Me, I'd have that on their opening page.

FUCK...and I'm just finishing up a half-dozen mega-bass traps...when I could have had one of these room treatments for $20,000 or so.
:facepalm:

:D

What's annoying with the video...the only thing that he said that resembled science in explaining how their stuff works...is the part about "we don't target frequencies, we target the air they ride on"...and even that was pretty vague.

Their website on the other hands is just endless info...touting the value of these products, but no basic straightforward "here's how it works, and here is the proof of why it works".

In the Hybrid Studio video they talked about at the start...the studio guy said their rooms sounded really good to begin with, so there was little info there how much this treatment actually improved things....and the reality is that most purpose-built pro studios already have a lot of acoustic design in place. I want to see this guy talk about some fucked up home-rec basement studio, and then demonstrate how $20,000 worth of their panels makes it sound perfect. :)

Yeah I had hoped for a little video with someone explaining what mechanisme it uses. Cause "we target the air sound rides on" didn't make it much clearer to me. Just the hope that if we could DIY his acoustic panels we wouldn't have to cram our already small rooms with Rockwool makes me wanting to give this a chance. But they're not helping... :D

I admit.........I didn't watch the video. Do they happen to explain why they have their monitors upside down in the video???

I don't think they explained that anywhere...but in reality, it doesn't matter all that much as long as your ears end up roughly at the midpoint between the tweeter and the speaker.

With my new monitors, there are dual speakers and the tweeter in between them...and you can select which of the two speakers will carry the low end and which the mids.
Currently, I have them in a vertical position so the speakers are at the top and bottom, and the tweeter in the middle...and I have the top speaker set as the low end speaker....which is kinda the same deal as having those in the video upside down.

They do explain. Its so the tweeters are more at ear-level and closer to the tweeters in the monitors beneath them.

@Ponder, yeah that. But then with Science-y words, I wouldn't call it Science cause he hardly explains anything.

Back