Pics of my studio!

ericlingus

hey guys I finally took pics of my studio. Sorry for the bad quality. It was hard getting everything to fit. I was in ackward positions taking these so they didn't exactly come out great but whatever. I have a question also. What would you do for room treatment in here? It's a small room (10"X12"..if that) Also, how would you set up my amp? Right now I have it on a step ladder leaning back a little against the wall. I used a pillow and some mats to absorb the bass vibrations. Did I do this right or do I have no idea what i'm doing? I'm completely new to this. Only been into this for a couple months now. I have a behringer v tone 210 combo amp,a sm57, some cheap as dynamic mic that came with a mic stand and cable, triton le,vamp2,dualfex pro,firebox,m-audio Bx5a's,audio technica ATH-T44 headphones,my DAW is a amd athlon 3800+ cpu,1 gig of ram,one 80 main drive, 250 audio drive, 19" LCD monitor.

The amp set up looks fine. Being in the alcove may produce a prob or two but it seems pretty open & shallow. The s/ladder & pillows are a nice H/Recording touch - they are very useful.
All I'd suggest is that you get some cable tidies/cable bridges or try to org your cables as they can/will be come dangerous.
Nice set up - I'll be expecting something in the mixing clinic shortly.
cheers
rayC

thanks man. Yeah I was worried whether or not the alcove would be a problem area to put my amp. I was considering putting my amp in the closet. But the closet is small and I constantly treak the amp settings and mic placement so it would be a pain in the ass. Anything I could do to that area to help the sound more? Would acoustic panels help? How about those hanging sweaters? Think they do anything?

rayc said:
The s/ladder & pillows are a nice H/Recording touch - they are very useful.
All I'd suggest is that you get some cable tidies/cable bridges or try to org your cables as they can/will be come dangerous.
Nice set up - I'll be expecting something in the mixing clinic shortly.
cheers
rayC

thanks. I'm proud of myself for thinking of that. I think doing that right there was a big step up for me. It's much better than just putting the amp on the floor and that it. As for the tiddying up the cables, i'll have to do that. I can't beleive how many I have for the small amount of eqiupment I own. I should have taken a pic behind my computer desk. Now that's a shit load of cables!

anyone? I'd really like to know about what to do for room treatment. How about in that alcove? It's a great little place to put thing. Maybe even do vocals there. But what could I do to treat it? Would absorbent panels work well?

BX5a's. Yeah I like them. I mean i'm really new to recording so I can't really compare them to any others. Lacks a little bass. I think they are really clear though. I should get a sub warfer once I get enough money.

ericlingus said:
neato. Lamp used to be my grandfathers. What do you think of the BX5a's?

I love my BX5a's. True, there is only so much bass a 5" woofer can give, but its mids and highs are very clear. Its not like there is NO bass, there is enough for me, but dont expect it to cave your chest in or anything. ;)

I got the desk at staples for 150. Two weeks before that it was on sale for 100! But I didn't grab it then because i'm dumb. But still, great deal. Does anyone have any advice on acoustic treatment? At least for monitoring? Also would the closet be a good place for my amp or is it fine where it is now? Where it is now is much more convenient than in the closet becasue i'm constantly tweaking it. Still trying to get a tone I like.

Back