Which one or both??

Dioxide

I'm soundproofing my home studio in a small office building in my backyard. Will using to two layers of insulation work well or what about the insulation boards used for air conditioning ducts its sort of like a compressed insulation i would suppose or would it matter if I used both?

Dioxide said:
I'm soundproofing my home studio in a small office building in my backyard. Will using to two layers of insulation work well or what about the insulation boards used for air conditioning ducts its sort of like a compressed insulation i would suppose or would it matter if I used both?

Here's my answer to your question about using insulation for sound proofing... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... Pretty much.
I'm not laughing at you, and please don't take it that way. I'm just laughing because that's one of the great myths we deal with.
If you're serious about what you want to do for sound proofing go to http://www.auralex.com and read Acoustics 101. It has EVERYTHING you need to know about the guidlines for sound proofing. Read it, know it, love it.

I'd also like to add that you definately want to INCLUDE the insulation, but it's just not going to be your main source of sound proofing.

-Later

[Edited by Brian Grey on 08-15-2000 at 07:20]

Back