Okay, moving to a new place in a week and need some tips + room sketch

amirgelman

hey all,

this is my first post here. I've been doing music production since i was 10 years old, am now 29.
gonna use this studio for my business as a producer - bringing kids and singers to record their singles/songs.
also for my own personal productions (electronic music \ dance mainly).

now, i have 2 main problems - the 1st problem is mainly a "yes or no" type of question. the 2nd question is a more complicated one regarding the acoustics treatment:

1) i figured the only way i can put my studio along with the singer's booth is to make it so the singer's booth is on the right of me. that is the only way (that i see) where i could put bass traps exactly behind my speakers without anything to bother me. my question is - will there be any difficulty i should expect or problems for having the booth on the right of me as oppose to what usually happens in studio where the singer is in front of the producer??

2) how would you say i should treat the studio's room\singer's booth in terms of acoustics treatment?

thank you all in advance!

Here's the sketch + random photos from the upcoming studio:

amir studio record.png

You've got a lot of corners to treat in your mixing room.

You could try some heavy lined drapes over that big window, but you're going to need some rockwool traps - and it's going to sound boxy unless you get enough trapping in there.

Back