Is this OC 703 or similar?

jimmys69

MOODerator
I have never used the product myself. Went with cheaper rockwool.

But I have a bunch of this for free available. Can anyone identify by looking at the pic?

Good lord. Fuck me. Up-loader on this site is ridiculous...

LINK THAT MIGHT WORK

That looks like 703 or 705. Could be Johns-Manville rigid fiberboard, which is similar.

That looks like 703 or 705. Could be Johns-Manville rigid fiberboard, which is similar.

I have not heard of JM fiberboard being recommended but wondering how it performs or if it is all trash.

I did message John Brandt the question.

I have like 500 square feet of 1" thick of this material. Just wondering if I use for panels, stuff it in walls, or throw it away...

Already a bit itchy from loading it into my garage.... lol

What is that facing material? Looks similar to burlap.. like some fiberglass boards I lined our basement practice room with years ago. I covered all walls and ceiling, the floor had deep pile carpeting. And I see you've discovered it's most endearing feature.. The Itch :D

I have not heard of JM fiberboard being recommended but wondering how it performs or if it is all trash.

I did message John Brandt the question.

I have like 500 square feet of 1" thick of this material. Just wondering if I use for panels, stuff it in walls, or throw it away...

Already a bit itchy from loading it into my garage.... lol

Half my panels are JM. It is equivalent to OC703; meaning density is about 3lb per sq yard.... or whatever volume is standard. I just know it is the 3lb stuff and not the 6lb stuff.

I like the JM panels better because the fibers are bonded better and it doesn't crumble when you touch it. That's the downside to OC703, crumbles.

Back