no space

Big Ted 167

I have limited room in my home and thought that buying a shed would be an option. I have seen vinyl layered galvanized steel, wood , or plain vinyl. Can I make this happen and if so, what would be the most economical way? I deal with Hip Hop, so production would be basically done through my keyboard and computer. I would like to also have a vocal booth. What is the minimum space I would need to do this? I was thinking of a 10x8 shed. Thanks for the help. Powering it and insulating would be the next questions.

You need material that will absorb sound so you dont get reflections oof sound that bounce off the wall. All i could tell u from experience is dont go for wood and dont go for a shed that is a perfect square. Actually dont go for any of those types of vinyl that you mentioned below, Ther not good for absorbing sound. Make sure that the shed you get is one of the sheds meant for music, not for tools. There are music-type sheds that you could find advertisd in the back of a recording magazine, like "Recording Engineer". This is all i could say, but i could be wrong, so somebody please object to my point if you know more than me.

Back