New Studio Pics

Richard Monroe

Well we have more or less completed the upgrade. Before- I had an ugly little room. Now- I have an ugly little room with a boatload of gear! We have just completed shots of the new work station, and upgraded mic cabinet and guitar collection. Time for the Pro Tools learning curve. Here's the link. Click on "photos" for studio pics, and "about us" for some shots of my cohorts. No kidding, Mo (the blonde) is a 52 year old built right. What a singer.-Richie

www.bardwire.com

I'll check with the wife/webmaster in the light of day. She'll be interested if you can't open the files in Netscape.-Richie

Very nice. I have a couple of questions, though.

1. What is the deal with your monitor speakers? Is the center one a sub or is it for some other purpose I can't envision?

2. It looks like you have 2 Shuttle PC's. How are those working out for you?

Your vocal booth looks a lot like mine (ie. hanging blankets instead of a walled off room). What are you using for hanging the blankets with? I need a better solution than the one I currently am using.

Anyway, looks like lots of fun in the making.

Cheers,
Darryl.....

Answers- first to Pahtcub, I do have an SM57, which is used primarily as a reference mic. I have lots of mics I'd rather use than a 58, such as that SM-7B. I don't have to throw it after a bad vocal track, the track's not bad, because I don't sing into cheap mics, as a rule.
DDev:
1. Yes, that's an M-Audio SBX subwoofer. Don't leave home without it.
2. Only one PC- That's a Music XPC 3 gig P4 processor, 80gig/120gig dual hard drives, 1 gig ram, all silenced like a graveyard. The other box that looks like a CPU is a dedicated standalone high speed CD duplicator.
3. We used a grommet kit and put grommets in cheap sleeping bags, which we hang from screw in hooks that are screwed into the ceiling beams. We can use it open, as in the pics, for partial isolation, close it off, or take the walls down completely and just use the treated ceiling for drums.-Richie

Back