New studio construction

RickW

Don't read this
Hi gang -
I've ben lurking for a couple of weeks now and find this forum very helpful. Just thought I would share some pics of my ongoing studio construction. It's been a long time but I'm getting very close to finished. Seems like the wallet always runs out before the time does. Why is that?! :-)

Thanks for looking. I'll be sending more pics and info about what I'm trying to accomplish if you're interested.

Great board and great forums! I hope to be able to contribute as much as I've taken info-wise.

and another

I'll try to make these smaller. Can't seem to attach more than one at a time.

more still

BTW - the pics that I'm posting are from this past year. I'm trying to post them in order of progress. We'll see how that turns out. My first few pics of the studio were done with a regular camera and I haven't scanned those in yet, so you'll be seeing these as major construction already started. This area actually had small (unusable) offices and was a carpentry shop. I totally gutted and started from scratch.

Very cool sir! I'm going through a rebuild right now myself. How far along are you?

Lookin good.
Do you have any of the design pix, I'm having a hard time putting it all together.

Space

Thanks! It's such a long story that I won't bore you with it. Suffice it to say that I'm very close to making it at least functional enough to start actually recording. The electricity is finished, the raised floor is done. I'm ready to put in all the floor coverings (wood and carpet). Next comes the new desk (furniture), under floor audio cabling, then glass and equipment.

Man, it's so close but yet so far!

Thanks for looking. I've been checking your progress also. It's stressful, but it's fun. Of course, I could never do all the soldering you're doing. I could probably fuse my fingers together though. Does that clue you in to my soldering skills? lol

VSpaceBoy - I did have the plans originally done in CAD, but the rooms ended up being altered during construction because of the buiding itself. It's actually being constructed in an old factory that's settled quite unevenly, so none of the walls were square, some beams were replaced over the years, the floors were not level. So I had to make many adjustments...still am. So, to answer your question, I have nothing available to show you for plans, but maybe I could take my original prints and have them copied smaller to try to post them. Thanks for asking.

Hey Rick, another Rick here. And another CAD guy. What CAD do you use? Man it looks absolutely great. I bet your grinnin ear to ear. Hope you finish soon, and keep posting your progress. Thats what we like to see.

fitZ:)

Looking good. After the sessions I've been doing the last few weeks in my basement family room I'm wishing I could go for a bunch of dedicated rooms myself.

Keep the pictures coming.

Cheers,
Darryl.....

I'm thinking that sprinkler system was existing.

Most of you probably feel like I do when I leave the studio unattended. Did I turn off all the lights? What if there was a fire? All that gear oh shit!

Then I run out there to see. Oh thank god! It's all still there.

Back