New studio construction

Web page almost done

Hi again, all. I have a draft of the web page up (finally!). I would appreciate any opinions that you may have. It's not finished yet (no pics and some pages aren't complete), but I could use some input as to what you think should or shouldn't be there. It's not a flashy site...no movies, banners, etc. There will be MP3s posted in the future and a couple of other things I'm working on. Please let me know what you think. Thanks.
Rick

http://www.cheritristudios.com/

Rick,

I like the simplicity of the site. To the point. Looks good. Great information.

Good luck,
Darryl.....

RickW said:
Hi again, all. I have a draft of the web page up (finally!). I would appreciate any opinions that you may have. It's not finished yet (no pics and some pages aren't complete), but I could use some input as to what you think should or shouldn't be there. It's not a flashy site...no movies, banners, etc. There will be MP3s posted in the future and a couple of other things I'm working on. Please let me know what you think. Thanks.
Rick

http://www.cheritristudios.com/

IMHO I wouldn't post your equipment list. Too many people can go "gee I already own that or my buddy does" and skip out on recording there.

Eleven thousand eight hundred seventy three views....... :eek: :eek: :D This thread probably has the record for number of views..HOLY MOLY!! Great job Rick!

fitZ

Cloneboy Studio said:
IMHO I wouldn't post your equipment list. Too many people can go "gee I already own that or my buddy does" and skip out on recording there.

I agree, but also disagree. Many people may own some of the same equipment I do because that's what I could afford. BUT, they don't have the room I do, nor the software, nor the ears, nor the acoustic space, etc. It's been written here (and many other places) that you have to sell yourself and your skills, not the equipment. Hopefully, I'll be able to do that. The sounds I get out of this place are good (so far) and I'm sure people will be impressed with their final product, and that's the bottom line. Yes, I wish I could afford better gear, and I will once the studio starts paying for itself, but for now, the gear I have works very well, and my rates justify what I'm using. I do plan on getting good pre-amps and converters someday, but not until I have TOTAL faith in PCs (which may take me a while) and more money to buy them. Most all of my funds went into building this place. :-) Besides, much of my outboard gear gets very little use now that everything's done mainly on HD with plug-ins. But thanks for your comments...that's what I'm looking for.

RICK FITZPATRICK said:
Eleven thousand eight hundred seventy three views....... :eek: :eek: :D This thread probably has the record for number of views..HOLY MOLY!! Great job Rick!

fitZ

Cool! That was my secret goal!

;-)

Back