New Studio build

Cellar Rat

Have 10K I'm going to be putting into a new project/commercial studio build going to be starting from scratch. Two rooms ,live and control the live rooms , not really sure on the dimensions of live room yet. was wanting some input on going hybrid verses completely in the box , and maybe some ideas on both.
Thanks.

When you say "starting from scratch" what exactly does that mean?

Zero equipment? Not even a cable?

Does that mean bare dirt? Not even a slab or foundation?

Because 'from scratch' will need another zero on that number.

I'm guessing you're just out to modify your house or something.

Ponder5

To amplify on [MENTION=190881]Ponder5[/MENTION]' comment, it will help if you let everyone know if there are any dimensions known at this point, i.e., are you starting with a known space, or is shopping for the location still TBD? What will you do in the live/recording part (vocals, single instruments, 20pc big band)? What will you do in the control room (tracking, mixing, mastering)?

If you can do all the carpentry and surfaces and sound treatments yourself, you should be able to accomplish a lot in any small-medium space, but that's going to take a lot of that budget. And maybe that's all you're talking about. But, if you're still needing equipment, you can spend that entire amount of money in one little converted bedroom serving as dual purpose live-recording/mixing/mastering. (No, I haven't done that, but it wouldn't take but a couple of brand changes in microphones, interfaces and monitors for me to have shot way past your budget, without even adding a single piece to what I have, and I don't have a lot.)

Ok I was A bit premature and seriously lacking information when put up first post . Lets table this for now , will update more as I get my ducks in a row so to speak. Thanks to those that responded.

Back