New studio

cse830

Whats up guy's im new to this forum. Just trying to get back up to date with music. I havent done any recording or music in about 8 years. I dont know what's good anymore. I was planning on doing something small at home just for vocals. I was thinking of getting 003 console, TLM103 Mic, Pair of Yamaha studio Monitors (Any suggestions or maybe something as good a little bit cheaper). I will also buy a pre-amp I was thinking a Focusrite or Universal Audio.( I used to have them before many years ago so i am familiar with them, Plus the ones that comes this the console are pretty bad). I was thinking on using a mac mini maybe i5 or i7. pretty much my questions is, are these pieces i suggested above old? will it work still with newer software? suggestions on pre-amp and speakers? thanks guy's.

What is 'up to date with music'? If you're planing to do all your productions on a DAW, just be sure your mac or pc is 64 bit and only use 64 bit processing and software with firewire or 2.0 or higher usb. Technology changes in a nano second. When purchasing anything audio/music related to tracking and mixing, stay current with the latest technology. Mixing and matching old technology with new technology is a recipe for potential suicide. Yamaha HS8's are great monitors that will give you a lot of bang for your buck and last for a good long time. I own and use the HS80m's. I wouldn't trade them for a pair of Genelecs. What audio/MIDI interface do you have?

I'm not sure the mac mini's are powerful enough for serious music production, at least for me they aren't high spec enough, you might want to look into at least the i-mac or macpro because of the processor and ram options.

The pieces you mentioned aren't that old, the tlm103 is a very classy mic, I use mine a lot on male vocals and acoustic guitars, sounds good every time, it doesn't matter what pre-amp it goes through.

What software are you planning on purchasing? because that will impact what computer you should use, some DAW's use far less processing power than others.

I'm planning on using pro tools 10.3.9 with the digi 003. Like I said it's what I have to work with right now but any recommendations would help

Back