New house, new room

MikeA

Hey guys, haven't been out here much recently. Just haven't had time really. We moved into a new place a few months ago and I'm finally getting around to getting my "studio" set up and I've got a couple of questions about room setup.

I'm in an upstairs expandable and it's a nice sized place, but I'm not sure how I want to arrange things, or what would be the best way to do it. I've included a few pictures of my setup but please bear in mind that these were taken just before our painter came to paint. We're getting the final coat on the walls tomorrow and then I can arrange things for the final setup.

My question is, which way to orient the desk? Right now I have it set up with my back to the wall behind me and I'm looking out into the room. It's nice but I wonder if I should reverse it though and face the wall. Right now a pool table lives up there but I sold it this weekend so it's going away soon. I'm afraid though that if I turn the desk 180 degrees and face the wall the sloped wall to my left and the corner I'll put the left speaker in will make its bass response blossom. I would keep the desk 2'-3' away from the wall but I've still got one corner and the right side would be open.

We plan on pulling up the carpet and putting down hardwood but that will be in the future. Right now the carpet stays. And once I get the ground fixed in the AC I think I'll have a nice spot to work.

Thanks guys, I hope the pictures make sense and show what I'm up against...

Mike

Attachments

• 20151209_060904.jpg
    20151209_060904.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 56
  • 20151209_060929.jpg
    20151209_060929.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 49
  • 20151209_060848.jpg
    20151209_060848.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 61
The pics are showing only one side of the room; I'm guessing the other side is similar in dimensions. If so, I'd say place your desk in front of the closet door, but off enough to have access to the closet. Bass trap and cloud accordingly.

The pics are showing only one side of the room; I'm guessing the other side is similar in dimensions. If so, I'd say place your desk in front of the closet door, but off enough to have access to the closet. Bass trap and cloud accordingly.

Thanks, actually the other side of the room is just a long wall. I've got some other pictures but I'm not where I can access them right now. I'll try to get them up. The idea about the door is a good one. At the opposite end of the room is a door that leads out to a reading alcove/balcony. I hadn't really even thought about putting everything at that end. I'll think seriously about that.

Thanks again,

Mike

Back