New Free DIY(Ultra Easy) Vocal Booth(That Works).

John California

Not saying to expect magical vocal recordings from this, but I do present to you a booth that I just randomly came up with and should require no extra materials for you to recreate and use it.

Ingredients:
Hangers.
Ceiling fan.
Shirts(cotton is preferable)

Instructions:
Hang the shirts on the ceiling fan balancing each side so the fan doesn't tip. For a complete covering bring the shits closer to the center of the fan closing any gaps that would be between the shirts. For liveliness have the shirts farther out so sound can pass through the gaps.

Outcome:
WP_000118.jpg

You have successfully made a free adjustable vocal booth that, while looks ghetto, works quite well depending on the shirts you use.

*I am not liable to any damage to any fan, shit, or body part as a result of this project.

Now turn on the ceiling fan for some great vocal effects. Hang on it's not April Fool's Day?

Seriously, be careful how much you hang on the fan, if you crack a blade and then later turn on the fan there could be flying blades around the room.

Alan.

Haha, I know, it is ghetto(very). But it works damn well and in the end it is about what people are hearing. Nobody is going to hear your voice and thing of a ghetto vocal booth contraption.
And my fan blades are pretty solid, but thanks for the advice.

I just throw a blanket over my head and the mic. It looks like a ghost is recording.

I don't know if this will help with the feel of the song, for example you might be singing about a sunny day on the beach with the wind in your hair, but actually you are huddled up with a blanket on your head LOL

Of course the fan idea is like being in a chinese laundry.

Alan.

Back