Need suggestions on desk setup

dr17

This forum has helped build 2 studios for me and I thank you all here. Especially John Sayers!! This new home I have moved to has 9ft ceilings and dimensions of 11x3" by 13X5" with a front window on the 11x3" wall and a French door on the 13x5" wall. Suggestions on the proper placement for the desk and monitors would be a god send. Thank you all. David

Attachments

• studio.jpg
    studio.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 23
I do also understand I am going to need a lot of bass traps. I do have corner traps that go from the floor to the ceiling ( 9ft) for the corners to start.
I have also setup speakers in front of the window and the bass response in the back of room is quite exaggerated with bass traps. Might also consider not being 38% setup in room. Speakers are jbl 305s with back ports which def. means a bass trap behind the speakers.
Let me know thoughts and desk placement ideas. Love to hear from ya. : )

That sounds like a beautiful room - you're not working in a cave like most of us! And French doors in a studio sounds like a dream!!

Not sure if you already have a desk and just need setup options, or if you're actually looking for a desk. If the latter, I've actually been on a studio desk journey myself. I've got two IKEA tables set up in an L-shape right now, but it's not the most beautiful option. Output just came out with a desk that I've been considering. It's 100% wood (not sure what kind though?) and has "rack ears that can hold up to 9U of gear."

If this is about actual placement options, my L-shaped desks and headphones-only mix setup won't help you much, but here's hoping my reply bumps your question up!

Back