Need some solid advice

murph86

Hey Everyone!

Alright, I'm new here, and I can't seem to find the answers I want through google. I'm looking to start my own project studio. Here's what I have so far:

2-different intermediate condenser mics ( Shock mount, stand, all accessories included)
1- 49 key MIDI keyboard
1- 77 key keyboard with MIDI capabilities
headphones- no monitors yet
1- m-audio fast track usb audio/midi interface
1 electric and 2 acoustic guitars

...I have NUENDO and REASON...neither of which I have worked on before, and of course, a computer.
I'm a songwriter and I want to start realizing my musical visions, and I want them to sound good.

Am I missing anything? What else do I need to round out my studio?

this forum is how to physicaly build a room -you should post this in the beginners forum - that is about gear....... come back here when you get your studio started

Rod

The M Audio Fast Track USB falls far short of your needs.
Get yourself at least a Fast Track Pro or some other audio interface with similar capabilities.
Also Google "Tweakheadz" for a fuller understanding of the process.
Have fun with it. :)

The M Audio Fast Track USB falls far short of your needs.
Get yourself at least a Fast Track Pro or some other audio interface with similar capabilities.
Also Google "Tweakheadz" for a fuller understanding of the process.
Have fun with it. :)

Thanks for the advice, Jim Lad! I'm gonna check that out now!

@ Rod- I will try not to post things in the wrong spot. Equally, I would appreciate your not even bothering to comment if what you have to say isn't relevant to the topic/question I am proposing. How very welcoming of you.

@ Rod- I will try not to post things in the wrong spot. Equally, I would appreciate your not even bothering to comment if what you have to say isn't relevant to the topic/question I am proposing. How very welcoming of you.

Careful man. Rod is one of the good guys around here...he was trying to get you to post in the right place so you'll get the right kind of help.

Frank

Thanks for the advice, Jim Lad! I'm gonna check that out now!

Murph,

I am not usually this rough - however I donate too much time and effort on this board (and probably another 1/2 dozen to boot) to waste any of it.

When I go to a new board I take 5 or 10 minutes to do a few searches so I can figure out how the board is set up, in your case that search could have been done in a minute or so. This wat I do not waste either my time - or the time of the people in the forums, asking questions that are not relevant to the forum.

to just walk into a forum - which costs money to operate - and ask questions that do not relate in any manner whatsoever to the forum in general borders on rude - it suggests that you have no concern for anyone in the "room" but only for your need of the moment.

I apologize for responding to that in a manner that you felt was not constructive - BUT - my response actually was relevant to your question - I pointed you in the direction you should have been going in the first place - to the forum that would provide the answers you needed and wanted.

Sincerely,

Rod Gervais

Last edited:

That was ignorant. He was trying to help you and his post WAS relevant. You're the one that posted the wrong topic in the wrong forum. Shame that it doesn't take much for you to get your panties in a bunch.

Back