My Studio Setup

Rob-777

Hey guys, I'm new here and just wanted to share my setup and tell me what you think. I am only 15 but I've played guitar 10 years and drums, keys, bass and done a little vox too.

Presonus Firestudio
Presonus Firestudio Project
Presonus Digimax D8
Presonus TubePRE (2)
Presonus HP4
Presonus FaderPort
MXL 990 (2)
SM57 (2)
CAD Pro Drumset (7 Piece)
Fast Track Pro (For Protools)
Behringer XM8500 (for dirty vox)
Les Paul Jr
Custom Fender Guitar
Taylor 214CE
Some cheapo yamaha Acoustic
Fender HSS Strat
Alesis DM5 with Hart Dynamics Pads
Bunch of Cables (All Livewire)
Crate Half stack amp
ProTools M-powered 7.4
Logic Studio 9(the new one)
Direct Sound, AKG, and Sony Headphones
KRK RP-5
and some other stuff not worth mentioning

It's a good start. If you're a guitar player I'd pour the most money into your guitars and amps first, then worry about the recording equipment later. The Presonus stuff will take you far enough down the road to learn what you're doing. You can upgrade later.

Frank

Thanks, I more into recording then guitar(as far as a career goes and what not) I have recorded a few bands of my friends and a couple highschool bands. I don't really have any need to buy more guitars and amps. I really like he clean sound of the crate and I used a GMD Luther Drive on that it sounds awesome just where I want it.

I was gonna go Protools with a 002 but I'm not a fan of Protools so I went with Presonus.

I was gonna go Protools with a 002 but I'm not a fan of Protools so I went with Presonus.

Good for you. Not that there's anything wrong with PT other than the whole proprietary thing, but there are other ways to go that are more flexible.

Frank

I just don't like the workflow and with out going to HD I couldn't record 36 tracks.

My friend has a bunch more and I record high school pep bands, and jazz bands. Multitrack, all at once. Thats why I have the digimax and 2 firestudios.

Back