My Studio Construction Thread

Supercreep

Lizard People
Demo and ground prep should start Friday, I'll be posting pictures as we go.

Single room accessory structure, 16' w x 25' L x 10-12' h on a slab. 60 amp subpanel.

2 layers of 5/8" sheetrock on RC

..........and 30-50 bass traps.

Kool! I love seeing construction at the various stages! Have fun and remember: "Do it once and do it properly"..:)

Pre construction

Here's the studio as it was yesterday.

We've been getting pretty good results from this 9'x14' box.

/sniff/

Last edited:
Demolition day

it's coming down now....

These guys are doing a very neat job - I told them they could keep the shed so they are deconstructing it rather than just knocking it over.

Zed32, give me a call. Your panels are ready for pickup!! :)

Last edited:
it's coming down now....

These guys are doing a very neat job - I told them they could keep the shed so they are deconstructing it rather than just knocking it over.

Zed32, give me a call. Your panels are ready for pickup!! :)

dude, PM arent working and i can't get your phone number! maybe you can send me a PM from somewhere else perhaps. whats a good time tomrrow? i'm busy in the morning til about noon, then i got nothin.

Forms are done - waiting for inspection

Going to pour this afternoon or tomorrow morning....

Last edited:
That'll be a really nice place. Lots of room and no worries about bleed to and from the house.

Keep the pics coming.

Bryan

Foundation....Check!

Nothing special to look at, but it's going to start coming together quickly, now.

Last edited:
awesome dude. looks just like when they poured my foundation. things were moving fast for a minute but now it's bogged down with the inspections and plan revisions...argh.

Hopefully it's full speed ahead from here.

Besides the AC, I don't see any real issues. I'm blowing off central heat, running a gas line out there is just too fuckin' costly.

I'll try to find a space heater with a thermostat, instead.

Back wall under construction - rough framing

..................Walls will be 10', with a peaked ceiling at 12'.

Last edited:
Back