My new studio - Advices

seaofwine

Hello everyone,
I used to have a home studio room that made it from scratch. It’s in my my basement and soon I realized that is humid and as I am unable to dehumidify it I decided to move out. Besides, there are some more cons such as no light in there, no ventilation at all and the most important a long long drywall at the right side. So the decision is definitive.

I post some pics of my old studio room so that you understand that I am familiar with acoustic treatment construction (panels, bass traps and stuff).
U6OVheT.jpg
ZgKwXpA.jpg
gJLqxF5.jpg
AEJIJin.jpg

The new era
Now, I decided to relocate my studio to the upper floor of my home. I am in a far smaller room but a very “gentle” one that inspires me a lot because there’s daylight (one window) and great mountain view. As I m about to start the acoustic treatment from scratch I have the tools, the hands and the patience to do so but I certainly don’t have the knowledge of acoustics. I’ ve read a lot and watched many videos but still I don’t want to randomize the whole construction so I need experienced advices. Exact spot and orientation for the deck, panels position, bass traps position, maybe a diffuser cause room is small and everything else you think. As it is now, I ve noticed many low frequencies and low reflections. Really poor in high ones. I think it’s a good start for a nice conversation. To be more precise I ll give you 3 pics of : Floor plan, and 2 elevations (unfortunately is in meters)
4W5PCXz.png
1SBsFIX.png
sExWEvx.png

And to have a better idea some pics of the room as it is now:
VbaPjTU.jpg
XolFn1M.jpg
z5QqnRW.jpg
JD00g51.jpg
haNcHq5.jpg
WGD0dHF.jpg

08KZnzA.jpg
7T7GHva.jpg
27INTmT.jpg

Obviously, I will remove all the furniture and I will put back in place some of them.
I look forward to read your posts.
Thank you in advance,
Haris

p.s. I wish all the pics could be as previews, don't know how to. Really sorry for that :(

That's a really small room. As much trapping as you can squeeze in. I'd say hang a heavy drape over the window so that you can get rid of its reflections when they interfere, but open them for light, and center your desk on that wall. OC703 or 705 or Roxul in the corners, and some first-reflection point and ceiling traps as well. From the 'Small Room' thread here in this section of the forum, diffusers won't do any good.
From one of your 'previous studio' pictures, your corner traps were too small. Should be wider and deeper - take a 24"x48" sheet of OC703, cut into 2 24" square pieces, then cut each of those diagonally.

It is a small room, but you can still work in it. First thing I'd do is position your monitors closer. They dont need to be that far apart and in the corners.

Back